CPL Activated Carbons has extensive operational and commercial experience in the supply of specialised grades of activated carbons into the precious metal recovery industry.
Activated carbons are used to recover gold from cyanide solutions, which are percolated through gold-containing ores.
Three main technologies exist for recovering gold from cyanide leachate solution:
– Carbon-in-Pulp (CIP)
– Carbon-in-Leach (CIL), includes ‘Heap Leach’
– Carbon-in-Column (CIL)
CPL Activated Carbons supplies a range of carbons for the gold mining industry, which independent testing, by leading academic institutions, has shown to offer exceptional performance. Our products are characterised by the following properties:
– High rates of gold loading and elution
– Good resistance to mechanical attrition
– Stringent particle size distribution – minimal undersized material
– Low platelet concentrations
– Good reactivation performance
– Our Filtracarb® CL range of coconut shell based granular carbons are widely used in gold recovery.
– We also offer various coal-based pellets for this application, which offer the advantage of having zero platelets, whilst maintaining the required hardness and other performance properties.